top of page

What Is The Difference Between Part 141 And Part 61 Flight Schools?

The Part 141 and Part 61 refer to different sections of the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), and the different sections dictate different requirements for flight schools.  Generally, Part 61 schools  have different requirements and have the flexibility to progress through their training syllabus as needed. Part 61 schools are generally less expensive to attend.  Part 141 schools must have a Chief Flight Instructor and have their syllabus approved by the local Flight Standards District Office.

bottom of page